- Print Date:
- May 26, 2018 9:10:39 PM
Rules and Terms of Service
Table of Contents
The following definitions will be used in this document:
- The Company (or "We"): The Web Freaks, Inc., and its subsidiaries (hereunder PHP Freaks).
- The Service: Any resource from the Company found on this website site including, but not limited to, tutorials, blog posts, and the forums.
- The User (or "You"): Any person who attempts to gain access to or use the Service.
Terms of Service
You agree that your continued usage of the Service constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service and the rules outlined in this document.
If you do not accept the agreement you are not authorized to use the Service, and you must leave this website immediately.
You agree that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also forbidden. You agree to follow the rules, which are found in this document, and directions from members of staff.
You agree that you will uphold international law, United States Federal law, Florida state law and any law that is applicable in your area of residence. Failure to comply with said laws may be reported to the appropriate authorities.
The Company, and agents hereof, will at any given time be allowed to modify, move, or delete your content (including any accounts you may have) and that they in general have full control over your content. Moreover, we do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information presented, as it is impossible for the Company to confirm the validity of posts. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the posted messages, and as such, are not responsible for the content contained within. The posted messages express the views of the author, and not necessarily the views of the Company.
You agree that it is your responsibility to keep your account credentials safe, and that any actions taken using your account will be your responsibility alone. Furthermore, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Company. The Company also reserves the right to reveal your identity (or any other related information collected on this service) in the event of a formal complaint or legal action arising from any situation caused by your use of this forum.
After you register and login to this forum, you will be able to fill out a detailed profile. It is your responsibility to present clean and accurate information. Any information that the Company determines to be inaccurate or vulgar in nature will be removed, with or without prior notice. Appropriate sanctions may be applicable.
You agree that by creating any content using the Service that you will grant the Company a perpetual, irrevocable, world-wide, transferable, non-exclusive, royalty free license to use said content.
Please note that by using the Service, your IP address is recorded, in the event that you need to be banned from the Service or your ISP contacted. This will only happen in the event of a major violation of this agreement.
You agree that you will under no circumstances attempt to gain access to any resource of the Service that you are not authorized to use, and you agree that you will not try to circumvent any bans. Doing that constitutes illegal access to IT systems and may be reported to relevant authorities.
Also note that the software places a cookie, a text file containing bits of information (such as your username and password), in your browser's cache. This is ONLY used to keep you logged in/out. The software does not collect or send any other form of information to your computer.
You agree that these terms may be altered at any given time without notice, and you agree that it is your own responsibility to stay updated.
These terms shall be enforced to the fullest extent possible allowed by law. The entire agreement, or parts of the agreement, may be waived only with the written consent of an administrator. If you do not agree with these terms you must cease usage of the Service immediately.
Failure to comply with any of the following rules is breach of contract and as such, administrators and moderators can take appropriate action as they see fit. If there is any contradiction between the Terms of Service and these rules, the Terms of Service shall take precedence.
- All users must read and agree to the PHP Freaks Terms of Service found above before creating an account.
- All users must be courteous to others.
- All users are strongly encourage to abide by the Forum Guidelines.
- All users acknowledge that PHP Freaks Administration have ultimate control over topics that a user posts.
- Advertising and Spam are not allowed and is under a zero-tolerance ban/removal from PHP Freaks Forums.
- Any sticky topic posted at the top of a forum can be considered a rule if the contents merit as such.
- Signatures may contain textual links to your website(s) as long as it is not overdone/distracting to users.
- Any adult material (18+) is NOT allowed in the forums. If your posts contain links to such material, remove the links before posting.
- Any content posted that is hereby deemed Illegal or makes references to illegal content is hereby prohibited, will be deleted and action may be taken against the user who posts such materials.
- By no means will any staff member change a user's account name or delete a user account. So do not ask.
- Flaming and or Trolling is prohibited and will result in course of action to be taken by Staff members.
- All request for code to be written for you should be posted under the freelance section. No exceptions.
- Duplication of topics is strictly prohibited. Users will not post duplicate topics, if a topic needs moved please use the "Report to Moderator" button and a staff member will move the topic as soon as possible.
- Users will not act as though they are staff members, and users will not judge other users' behavior. If you believe a user is breaking the rules or Terms of Service, please contact a member of staff using either the "Report to moderator" link found at the bottom of each post, or by sending them a PM (Private Message).
- Users are allowed to have one account only. Creating multiple accounts per person may result in having all of them banned.
- Users are not allowed to contact members or staff members with the intention of receiving help with subjects covered in any boards.
- Users should not "bump" topics that are still on the first page of the forums. If you bump, you must provide additional information. If you resort to bumping, chances are your question needs to be re-thought and re-described (see Eric Raymond's "How To Ask Questions The Smart Way").
- Private disputes must be handled privately. Do not use one of the public forums for this.
Forum guidelines are in place to help you get the quickest and most effective response from your post. Failure to comply to these guidelines may result in your post being moved, modified and or deleted from PHP Freaks. We strongly encourage you to follow these guidelines. As failure to follow them repetitively could get you banned from PHP Freaks as the administration will see it as a blatant disregard for the rules.
- Users will attempt to find answers to their questions by the following before posting:
- Search PHP Freaks Forum for the answer. Chances are this question has been asked before.
- Search the PHP Manual for a function and or information about a function to fix the error or achieve the desired results.
- Search Google for an answer to their question. As stated, it has probably been asked and solved many times before.
- Users will not mark their post as being "URGENT" by either making the post ALL CAPS or adding any hint that they need it done Quick or ASAP. All posts are treated equal, your post is no more important than any other user's post on this forum. If it is "URGENT" pay someone to do it.
- Users will not post their homework questions expecting to get their homework coded for them. If you have a question about part of the assignment that you do not understand, please post asking for an explanation rather than the code.
- Users will format posts as best as they can by using proper [code][/code] or [php][/php] tags and following Proper Code Indentation guidelines.
- Users will post relevant code and information to their question(s).
- When creating your signature, please be courteous to users, as a massive image detracts from the forum's purpose. You are limited to one image that is not distracting. Generally, try to keep the size down.
- Signatures and / or content that is designed to deflect traffic from PHPFreaks.com to other Web Developer / Programming Websites will be blocked / removed / deleted. Repeat attempts will cause revocation of your account rights at PHP Freaks!
- Users should attempt solutions given by members before replying "It does not work". They put the effort into giving you a solution, at least try it out.
- Users should show the utmost respect to other users, especially members of staff. As all time on these forums is donated. Staff members are not paid as all donations go to server costs.
- Users should try and be helpful themselves. If you find a topic you have knowledge on, by all means try and help a user out. After all that is what PHP Freaks Help Forums are all about!
- Users should try and have fun. PHP Freaks is a community of helpers, we love to have a good laugh and help, so be kind and just have fun!
- Do be kind and courteous.
- Do be helpful.
- Do search for your own answers.
- Do user proper formatting for posts ([php] or [code] tags around necessary code).
- Do take the time to post in the proper section.
- Do attempt solutions provided to you.
- Do quote relevant excerpts of prior posts.
- Do try your best to use correct English grammar. It makes you easier to understand, and it helps getting your point across. Using things like l33t speak or txt speak may make you look stupid, childish, and/or lazy. While we acknowledge that not everybody is a native speaker of the English language, it is very easy to distinguish those people from those who are merely lazy.
Forum DO NOT's
- Do not flame other users.
- Do not troll.
- Do not post adult material.
- Do not post or make references to illegal material.
- Do not mark posts as being urgent.
- Do not bump a thread if it is still on the first page.
- Do not ask for account deletion.
- Do not ask for content deletion.
- Do not advertise in the forums (exception of the freelance section).
- Do not post your homework to be done.
- Do not quote entire posts in the same thread, especially not if they're long. Quote the part you are commenting on or responding to.
- Do not bump topics without providing additional information.
As outlined in the Terms of Service, the staff has full control over your content and your account. If you feel that an action that was taken by a member of staff was incorrect or unfair, please try to resolve the matter with that individual personally. If you cannot find a satisfactory solution you can appeal to an administrator. Decisions taken by administrators are final and cannot be appealed in any way.