Qualification

paulman888888

OK first off: i know this is the wrong section.

But its the only place i might get an answer.

Now for the question.

I would like a qualification that i can put on my CV.

But where can i get one?

everywhere i look you can get a certificate but that's not recognized by most employers

Thankyou

Paul

Now for the question.

But where can i get one?

everywhere i look you can get a certificate but that's not recognized by most employers

Thankyou

Paul

Whoa Whoa Whoa hold up there.  Wtf you talkin' about, you don't own me.  You ain't puttin' jack sh!t on me.

Now for the question.

But where can i get one?

Thankyou

Paul

Whoa Whoa Whoa hold up there.  Wtf you talkin' about, you don't own me.  You ain't puttin' jack sh!t on me.

Ba-dum-tish.

I think your looking for a certification, a qualification would be knowing PHP, which is infinitely more important.

not necessarily so...i know a guy who was network admin for approx 15 years.  knew the system back to front.  did everything.  one day he was replaced by a guy straight from college.  the difference...

the guy i know didnt have a degree/certification/etc., he just knew his stuff.

and thats what is sad...if i owned a company, i wouldnt care if mr new guy costs $10,000 a year less or whatever...if mr stickaround has done a great job for 15 years, he would stay unless something came up...

i used to do factory work and the same phrase came up all the time:

If it aint broke, dont fix it!

If I could afford it I probably would keep mr stickaround over newbie but that's just because I'm not really seeking to be a millionaire.  But then you know how it goes: the more money you make, the more you spend it.  It's real easy for you to say that when you're not the boss, having to pay the bills and save money for company expansion.  Not to mention potentially multiplying that by a dozen or 100 or thousands, depending on how big your company is and how many others are in that situation.

Bottom line is the guy next door is gonna try to do what you do, only cheaper, and if you don't do something about it, mr stickaround isn't going to be sticking around anyways...and neither will you.  So in order to compete, you have to find ways to reduce cost of business, and sometimes it just comes down to hiring the cheaper guy.  Why do you think more and more corporations are outsourcing to poorer, more populated countries?  It's because they will make it or do it cheaper. 

So the lesson here is that the real villain in all this is the consumer.  Buyers don't really measure things by quality anymore.  Or at best, it's 2nd fiddle to price and function. "It does the job better" is rarely considered anymore.  Commercials have been feeding us that slogan for so long that we're slowly growing numb to it, from the toes on up.  All we really care about now is that it simply "Does the job," and eventually all we'll really care about is that it just does something.

...and eventually all we'll really care about is that it just does something.

LOL.

Nowhere is this price-lowering mess seen better than in the food industry. A typical arugment with someone:

Me: Why are you buying that supermarket chicken?

Them: Because it's cheap

Me: But it tastes like crap, is full of water and has nothing good left in it

Them: But it's cheap

Me: Well, no, its not. It's cheap because it's full of water and will shrink to a 1/4 of it's size when you cook it. Buy that butcher's one.

Them: But it's expensive.

And so on ad infinitum.

I'm pretty sure you used to eat something that tasted good and was good for you. Now you just eat something.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.