Is the site messed up?

They love it so much they put their business dependencies on beta products? 

We don't really use the internet for much i don't think, IT just like to be up to date with things lol.

Sounds more like your IT dept doesn't have much to do so they install new things every chance they get, in order to justify their jobs to people who don't know any better.

They love it so much they put their business dependencies on beta products? 

We don't really use the internet for much i don't think, IT just like to be up to date with things lol.

Sounds more like your IT dept doesn't have much to do so they install new things every chance they get, in order to justify their jobs to people who don't know any better.

Ha Ha i never thought of it like that Ha Ha.

Today at school, I was told that were not supposed to use Firefox.  I was just like "Errrr?  Ok???"  In my head I was thinking, "Why?"

lol

(There are various legit reasons, but knowing my school, it's most likely because certain people have never heard of it.)

Today at school, I was told that were not supposed to use Firefox.  I was just like "Errrr?  Ok???"  In my head I was thinking, "Why?"

lol

(There are various legit reasons, but knowing my school, it's most likely because certain people have never heard of it.)

To be honest, if I was a sysadmin then I wouldn't want people to randomly install software either. Firefox wouldn't be on my blacklist though. Probably rather IE instead.

Yeah, that was one of my legit reasons ;p.

I have full admin access in one of the labs though (along with 5-8 other students).  The school sysadmin never interacts with the computers in the lab.  We manage it all.  It is of course ridiculous to assume that I may do as I wish since I can do what I wish, but the biggest problem I see with installing Firefox is that it takes up bandwidth to download it.  lol.  Maybe I have a warped perspective.

(Actually, I don't think I was even who installed it.  I think I just found it on the computer and started using it.  One of the other student admins in there thinks he owns the lab and does as he wishes.  He's been known to install all kinds of weird things, Firefox being one of the more... acceptable (for lack of a better word) ones.)

I guess to really show where I'm coming from, I should say that I was told by the lab "facilitator" that we aren't supposed to use Firefox.  She didn't care; she was just passing along what she had heard from higher up.  She generally doesn't care what we do.

Blerh, maybe I'm just trying to justify it because I like doing whatever I want, and I don't like being wrong.  Dunno.  lol

One of the other student admins in there thinks he owns the lab and does as he wishes.  He's been known to install all kinds of weird things, Firefox being one of the more... acceptable (for lack of a better word) ones.

Write a program that checks if the username is his and then have it run shutdown /l. Make this program run on startup. He's probably a noob anyway so he won't figure out how to remove it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.