The Zend Certification Exam.

Vermillion

Lately, I have been looking for study guides about this. But I have some questions about it:

What kind of questions do they ask  you?

Is there an age limit to take it?

How much does it cost?

Any other additional or random information about it may be interesting for me as well.

What kind of questions do they ask  you?

You are asked questions in the following areas: OOP, Security, XML & Web Services, Arrays, Web Features, String Manipulation and Regular Expressions (PCRE), Streams and Network Programming, PHP 4/5 differences, Functions, Basic Language, (Application) Design, Database Access (standard SQL, no particular dialect).

It will typically be questions like "Which function does this?", "What is the result of this script?", "What do you need to change to make this script do that?".

Is there an age limit to take it?

No.

How much does it cost?

$125 or €125 depending on your IP address (for real).

Any other additional or random information about it may be interesting for me as well.

You may want to take the preparedness test to see if you have passable skills.

Seriously? So (this is of course not true :P) if I had all the skills I could take the test even though I am only 16?

Coding is so much different than driving. There's no minimum age required. In most cases you're not going to kill anyone by programming irresponsibly, and hell... you actually code better when you're drunk.  (Says guy, who drinks half a beer a year)

Smoking pot while coding is better....not that I would know >.>

I did hear a rumor a couple years ago that Microsoft used to either feed or condone or unofficially encourage their development teams to trip on acid while working, in order to help them think outside the box, or something.  Dunno if that's any kind of true.  Just remember hearing about it. 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.