Having an iFrame that stays on the page no matter what.

mattal999

Hi guys,

I am trying to code a website that will end up kind of like www.we7.com.

Now I am trying to have my mp3 player (a seperate file) always on the page no matter where you navigate to without refreshing for continuous play.

This website does this brilliantly, but I can't seem to find a way to replicate it without making the page refresh. I have no code at the moment to show you, but how can I do this?

Thanks,

mattal999.

Yeah, I was going to do that, but then the page location at the top wouldn't change, and that wouldn't be very handy for URL sharing (which is a key part in this site).

I'm thinking of doing this:

Use Javascript to grab any content after a #/ in the url and use that to load a page using ajax or something like that?

[sorry Mods, can't edit the above post for some reason :P][/sorry]

Ok. Good news. I've managed to code some Javascript that loops through all hyperlinks in the page and gives them an onClick value. Now all I need to do is make the ajax on the function that is called (onClick()) that loads the new page into a div.

Looks like its gonna be a good day!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.