PHP DEPRECATED code ... oh my god - help please

zeroge

:confused: PLEASE HELP with replacement strings !!!

=======================================================

in includes/classes/seo.php line 1299

ereg_replace($pattern, '', strtolower($string));

in includes/classes/seo.php line 1301

ereg_replace($pattern, '-', $anchor);

in includes/classes/language.php line 87

if (eregi('^(' . $value . ')(;q=[0-9]\\.[0-9])?$', $this->browser_languages[$i]) && isset($this->catalog_languages[$key])) {

$this->language = $this->catalog_languages[$key];

break 2;

======================================================

all deprecated - and since we upgraded to the latest php version we have our PHP shop plastered with error messages all over ...

PLEASE HELP

Thanks so much

I guessing you are using PHP version 5.3.x (you can confirm this by running phpversion or phpinfo. If you are then POSIX Regex functions are no longer supported. You should instead use the PCRE functions.

There have been many changes in PHP5.3, as mentioned in the manual. You should familiarise your self with these changes to ensure your scripts work correctly under PHP5.3.

I guessing you are using PHP version 5.3.x (you can confirm this by running phpversion or phpinfo. If you are then POSIX Regex functions are no longer supported. You should instead use the PCRE functions.

There have been many changes in PHP5.3, as mentioned in the manual. You should familiarise your self with these changes to ensure your scripts work correctly under PHP5.3.

What language do they speak these days in England? And who puts that crap up on your fron page of PHP freaks

PHP Coding Help

Do you need help with some code you wrote? Ask here! We'll get you the answers!

Great help - Little boys enjoy themselves on forums because they can act like they are somebody who has something to say. This forum is JUST ANOTHER WASTE OF SPACE!

I'm not really sure what you are talking about. You've been told what the issue is, how you can get rid of it and what you can do if you don't care about deprecation and just want the messages to go away. Exactly what more do you want?

That being said, if you are so unsatisfied, nobody is forcing you to stick around.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.