HTML to PHP

RSprinkel

Hi all,

I am wondering if there is a utility or a way to extract data in HTML files into php/MySQL?

My scenario:

I currently am a League Owner for an online N2K3 Racing League and the files that the Sim puts out is in HTML format.  I would like to be able to process this information into an MySQL database and calculate the standings and stuff.  I am currently using a League utility which all the data is stored in an Access Database that puts out the race statistics and stuff into other HTML pages and having to upload it onto the site and linking to specific HTML pages .  I would rather it go into a MySQL Database if at all possible.

Thanks very much in Advance.

RSprinkel

well we will not be able to help to much here  - especially not knowing what your HTML looks like, but my guess is that you are going to need to do a series of preg_match_all()

probably a table layout of some type?

a preg_match_all() to get rows which I would guess are teams.

Then maybe a preg_match to start getting specific fields out of the row.

lots of work many times, and not a whole lot of fun. :)

In my opinion your first consideration should how to get the data from the Access DB to the MySQL DB...once you have determined that, the actual positng of the data into a MySQL DB and associated displaying should be achievable.

[quote author=RSprinkel link=topic=119049.msg487058#msg487058 date=1166413444]
Hi all,

I am wondering if there is a utility or a way to extract data in HTML files into php/MySQL?

My scenario:

I currently am a League Owner for an online N2K3 Racing League and the files that the Sim puts out is in HTML format.  I would like to be able to process this information into an MySQL database and calculate the standings and stuff.  I am currently using a League utility which all the data is stored in an Access Database that puts out the race statistics and stuff into other HTML pages and having to upload it onto the site and linking to specific HTML pages .  I would rather it go into a MySQL Database if at all possible.

Thanks very much in Advance.

RSprinkel
[/quote]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.