PHP Freaks Merchandise

Would you buy PHP Freaks branded merchandise?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy PHP Freaks branded merchandise?

• Heck yes!
    • No, thanks.

Crayon Violent had this brilliant idea. Give him the credit. I'm just the guy who decided that I wanted to see what everybody else thought. Please, vote - this is potentially a huge breakthrough for the PHP Freaks community.

Now, this idea is still in extreme Alpha stage. I'm not saying that if enough people vote, we're going to do it; phpfreak has yet to chime in on this. This is just a preliminary probing to see what the general feeling is about this particular idea.

Would you be interested in purchasing PHP Freaks branded merchandise? We're thinking t-shirts, hoodies, coffee cups, moonrovers, etc. We would use the profits to help support the PHP Freaks server. You provide shipping and handling.

Thanks for your input!

.... how would you sell tutorials?  Unless you actually had them published in some way?  I suppose we could sell books as well... no reason we can't.  The owner of the site has written his own book, so we could definately sell that one :)

I personally think the idea would be awesome. I'd definitely get a shirt or two if they're designed well. None of the crappy coding shirts I've seen in the past. If we have some people who show some real talent for creating that kind of thing, I'd be all over it. It also wouldn't be hard at all to set up a little shopping cart system in the main site to handle it.

I'll definitely vote "yes".

However, I don't like the idea of books, tutorials or other resources. One of the biggest draws for this community is the free help and tutorials they can get. I'd hate to start leaning towards anything that people could construe as charging for help. Keep the community image exactly like it is, but offer cool items to promote it more.

[b]**EDIT**[/b]
I take back what I said about the books after additional consideration. I think that if we had a location for people to purchase books we recommend, that would be pretty cool... especially if the community benefits from it.

BTW, it was CV and myself who thought this up :P  Ha ha ha!  Anyways, apart from the merch that we could buy, Eric is a two time publisher of two very great books, of which I own....I need to get them autographed!  Anyways, we could always go into the tutorial section, grab our best tutorials, and publish them in one big book.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.