Powerpoint ppt to image frames conversion?

zq29

I know a program that can... Microsoft Powerpoint ;)

It can make it to GIF, JPEG, PNG, TIFF. It can also do PDF and HTML as well (I don't know how well the HTML version is though). I also don't know if it is possible in versions prior to 2007.

Examples attached (ZIP files contains PNGs). I cannot attach a .ppt (old format) as it is over the attachment size limit.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sorry, I should have stated that I was aware that this was possible from within Powerpoint - This is for an internal system where users can upload a .ppt and the system auto-grabs the frames out of it for displaying in a slideshow. I just wanted a single file upload for ease of use really.

I'm working on an alternative solution at the moment anyway - Thanks :)

I know that you can use php's com to access powerpoint but that really defeats the purpose and will eat alot of the server's resources. There are also a few third party windows apps that will do this but I have yet to find anything reliable. The most viable option that I have found would be to use openoffice (impress). I started to research this further but was distracted with other projects. If you find a solution please share it with rest of us... :P

Good Luck,

Tom

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.