Text-based RPG game help

Garath531

I have a little experience in coding php and am wanting to code a browser-based RPG. (One of the click the link games). I know how to code the login, registration, player list, lost password, etc., but I have no idea where to start with coding the attack, throwing in random chance, strength, agility and so forth; stores, items, money, and so on and so on. Can someone help me?

Well, no one is really going to walk you through how to do it...especially if you stand to gain anything from it, income-wise. I suggest you look through some PHP tutorials...since what you're describing, is something that can be done with some intermediate PHP knowledge. Good luck to you.

• 3 years later...

i have no programming experience either but want to make my own php text based rpg game and i found what i was looking for recently.

the website is relatively new though and the engine is still being developed but it is coming together nicely and is working. its called project pratorian and this guy called 8ennet is making it. i have had a little go on the 0.8 version and it is really good even though its unfinished. but the best bit is its got addons that you install through the admin panel so you can change your game round completely so no two are the same.

oh also its FREE! :D

I was pretty impressed with this though so i'm going round telling everyone about it. the more people i get to use it, the more addons people will develop for me! ;)

drug-mann.com is the site, but i think he is changing it when he has more money

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.