[SOLVED] mod_rewrite on WAMP

spamoom

I installed wamp and it works just as I want it too. However I recently wanted to use mod_rewrite on it.

I was told to put this here(comments taken out to make smaller)

<Directory "C:/Users/SpaM!/Desktop/localhost">
Options ExecCGI FollowSymLinks Includes MultiViews
AllowOverride all
Order Allow,Deny
Allow from all
</Directory>

I restart apache and it seems to be ok =/. I went on and made a .htaccess in my website root dir next to index.php. That also allows the page to load, but as soon as I enter anything into that file and save it I get

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Weather it is

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^tutorials/(.*)/(.*).php /tutorials.php?req=tutorial&tut_id=$1&page=$2

RewriteEngine On

or even

a

If i take a look @ the apache log file I can find this everytime

[Tue Sep 04 12:05:17 2007] [alert] [client 127.0.0.1] C:/Users/SpaM!/Desktop/localhost/rewritetest/.htaccess: Invalid command 'RewriteEngine', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration

I really don't know whats wrong here and would appreciate any help.

Thanks

• 3 years later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.