Access C++ library from PHP

estero2002

Hi, I will explain my problem so you can understand the question.

I have an app written in C++ which is in charge of administrating some data files. This app is in fact a library which will present an interface so other apps can communicate with the data files.

Now, I need to create a PHP page to access some of the data stored in those files. As you can imagine, I want to use the already written C++ interface to do this. So, my question is if it is possible to access a C++ library or "see" the C++ interface from within PHP.

I know you can create an extension, but I read you must do it in C and also you need to make some changes to functions you use as prototypes, in order to adecuate them for extension compiling.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance

Steven

PD: As this is for studying purposes, I can't use MySQL or other DB solutions

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.