[SOLVED] installing mcrypt on IIS

The php5.2.4 Windows binary package contains the php_mcrypt.dll and the auxiliary libmcrypt.dll. If php is setup correctly and functioning on your web server, you should only need to uncomment the extension=php_mcrypt.dll line in the php.ini file that php is using and stop and start the IIS web service to get any change made to the php.ini to take effect.

I searched for any .dll files with mcrypt in the name, but nothing came up.  Could it be that they need to be extracted from a compressed set of files?

Also, I do not have any commented or uncommented references to mcrypt - the mcrypt files you mentioned or otherwise - in the php.ini file.  (In that file, there is nothing labeled (except a commented example) under Dynamic Extensions.  And, in my extensions directory (enabled through extension_dir), I have php_iisfunc.dll and php_mysqli.dll, and I've used mysqli in coding a good bit and it works fine.)

How did you install PHP in the first place? If you used the PHP installer you need to go to Add/remove programs and reconfigure the PHP installation. During the process you'll be asked what items to install. From the list choose PHP > Extensions. From the list of extensions choose which extension(s) you wish to install/use. Finish the installation by clicking next.

Stop/Start IIS and the extensions you choose during installation should be available.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.