Get Invisible Statuts of a Yahoo User

Dragosvr92

Hello

ive Googled around for ages for a PHP script that Shows the yahoo user statuts .. but the only thing i ve found is this link from yahoo thats saying the Online/Offline statuts  http://opi.yahoo.com/online?u=

ive heared that theres some way of sending a bot to the id and see if its on invisible ..

dos anyone know a way to do it ?

I did a little searching and found a class that do this: http://www.phpclasses.org/package/1568-PHP-Get-the-online-status-of-a-Yahoo-messenger-user.html

Reading the code, the critical line is

<?php
$yahoo_user = 'someusername';
$x = file_get_contents("http://opi.yahoo.com/online?u=$yahoo_user&m=t");
?>

$x should then contain a string:

username is ONLINE

or

username is NOT ONLINE

If you change the "&m=t" to "&m=1&t=1" the returned string is "01" for online and "00" for offline.

Ken

If they're set to appear as invisible they don't want to appear as online.. I doubt that Yahoo! is going to give you any way to check if they're only invisible and not offline, that would completely void the purpose of the invisible status in the first place.

If they're set to appear as invisible they don't want to appear as online.. I doubt that Yahoo! is going to give you any way to check if they're only invisible and not offline, that would completely void the purpose of the invisible status in the first place.

Yahoo dosnt give supoprt in that lol...

but there are soo many sites that track your real statuts and say if you are on invisible or not

just google Yahoo Invisible and you will see the LOTS Of sites that do that lol

I have been searching and most of the sites that show the invisible status claim they are using a bug in the Yahoo Messenger protocol to get it. If Yahoo ever fixes that bug, any code that uses it will break.

Ken

that bug is there from yahoo was made lol

you can see that because the sites that do that are still up and working

i read yesterday that they fixed the bug but the sites are still working so idk

do you have any idea what would the script look like?

• 1 month later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.