Number formating for time

AirBoss36

Hi Folks,

I understand the basic math to accomplish what I want, at least I think I do :)  I would like to confirm my logic and I need help with the final output format.

I am coding a simple browser based, resource type of game.  The gamer will select a certain item to produce another item and it will take x time to do it.  Here is the basics of what I want, minus the coding to make it look pretty. 

How do I format $y to show HHH:MM:SS?

$complete = time() + $x;

// To show how much time is remaining until completion or complete

$y = $complete - time();

if $y > 0 {

echo $y;

}

else {

echo "complete";

}

I tried that format but it didn't work as I wanted.  It seemed to add the time to the current time.

I did a quick coding to test, using a value of 10,800 for x to show 3 hours remaining, but it added 3 hours to the current time of 07:00 to echo a value of 10:00:00

Any other ideas?  Perhaps I coded wrong?  Here is what I used:

$x = 10855;

echo $x;

echo "<br>";

echo date("h:i:s",$x);

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.