file_get_contents

sandbudd

This works great but I only need part of the page for example the right column...can I do this with a class or some how.  What this is is pulling information from another site.

<?php $g = file_get_contents("http://www.site.com/index.php");
echo ($g);
?>

I looked there and tried a few things and it did not work... what I am trying to do is capture the right hand side of www.nflcarswoldwide.net the right hand side with the maps....

Well, you need to figure out what the right hand side of that page is (it didn't load for me).  If the info is in a div or a table td, then you load the page into Domdocument and extract the div, td, etc. by name, id or by count, like if is the 3rd td of the second table etc...  Find out what it is and then look at a DOM tutorial to see how to get it.

DOM might not be the best tool in this case because their markup is invalid. If you want to use DOM you'll have to suppress the warnings generated by their HTML. Here's an example on how it could be done using DOM anyway..

$doc = new DOMDocument();
@$doc->loadHTMLFile('http://nflcarsworldwide.net/'); // @ to suppress warnings from their invalid HTML
$temp = new DOMDocument();
foreach ($doc->getElementById('right')->childNodes as $child){
$temp->appendChild($temp->importNode($child, true));
}
echo trim($temp->saveHTML());

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.