PHP and cron job question

kevinkhan

i have a php script which runs for 3 mins collecting email address and im wondering if i can run this script in the background when a user creates an ad on my website www.corkads.ie ??

I dont want the user to see this script running..

I want the user experence to be the exact same as it is now when they create an ad. but when they click post ad this will initiate a script on another hosting account and it will run by itself..

Kind of like a cron job where the script is running but you cant see it...

Hope someone can give me a few ideas on how to do this...

require_once('cronjob.php');

Couldn't you just include it in the page where they create the ad? They still wouldn't see that script running in the background unless you have output in the script to confirm it's completion.

That's what I do.

require_once('cronjob.php');

Couldn't you just include it in the page where they create the ad? They still wouldn't see that script running in the background unless you have output in the script to confirm it's completion.

That's what I do.

but you see the script runs for a few mins collecting email address so i dont want the user to wait.. i want it to be done in the background and i want the user to go to next page of website as quick as possible..

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.