Problem with database search and Curl POST

flanders85

Hi, i'm currently building essentially an API for my URL shortener site so other sites can implement it. But i've hit a stumbling block on the last script of the lot(the others merely collate the data and store it)

In this last script, i need to find all this data, stored in cookies and inout it into the database, as the main site does(i'm confident this bit works, as it's the code from the main site just copied across, and i can see the data in the database). Importantly, i then need o look in another table for the callback URL to send the data back to

$urltoshorten = $_COOKIE["URLtoShorten"];
$alias = $_COOKIE["urlalias"];
$key = $_COOKIE["key"];
//connection details go in here
$alias =mysql_real_escape_string($alias);
$urltoshorten = mysql_real_escape_string($urltoshorten);
$base = "http://s-url.co.uk/i/?id=";
$url = $base . $alias ;
//this is the main bit, where the URL shortening occurs
mysql_query("INSERT INTO table (id, name) VALUES('$alias', '$urltoshorten')")or die( mysql_error());
//this is where the callback url is looked for
$result= mysql_query("SELECT apiaddress FROM apistuff WHERE apinumber='$key'")or die( mysql_error());
$row = mysql_fetch_array($result);
$new = $row[apiaddress]; 
//I then start a CURL session to POST data to the page in question, as found above
$Curl_Session = curl_init($new);
curl_setopt ($Curl_Session, CURLOPT_POST, 1);
curl_setopt ($Curl_Session, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, "shortenedurl=$url");
curl_exec ($Curl_Session); 
curl_close ($Curl_Session);

annoyingly, no errors get thrown, as far as i can see, i just end at a blank page without being returned to the callback page.

I'm rather stumped on this one, where am i likely to be going wrong/how do i go about correcting it.

Cheers

Joe

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.