Else/if problem

Certis

Hopefully people here know an easy solution to a problem I'm having.

First of all, I'm using a script in Wordpress to retrieve the current url. Then I use a code in a link, adding a little code after it, which would switch the theme of my Wordpress (basically, "currenturlcode&wptheme=Sidebar%20disabled").

It works great, thanks to that, people will remain on the same page they are and switch the theme. However, if that is clicked on the main page, it goes to the 404 page, cause it needs to use "?" instead of "&" in case of that.

So what I need help with here, is somehow making my link see if they are on the main page, and if so, adding "?wptheme=Sidebar%20disabled" there, on other cases"&wptheme=Sidebar%20disabled".

Of course.

This one is the code that is needed, the "brains" of the url getting, I assume.

<?php
function curPageURL() {
$pageURL = 'http';
if ($_SERVER["HTTPS"] == "on") {$pageURL .= "s";}
$pageURL .= "://";
if ($_SERVER["SERVER_PORT"] != "80") {
  $pageURL .= $_SERVER["SERVER_NAME"].":".$_SERVER["SERVER_PORT"].$_SERVER["REQUEST_URI"];
} else {
  $pageURL .= $_SERVER["SERVER_NAME"].$_SERVER["REQUEST_URI"];
}
return $pageURL;
}
?>

And this is the link code I use (including with the php url get function.

<a href="<?php echo curPageURL(); ?>&wptheme=Sidebar%20disabled">Click here</a>

Sorry for replying so late, I was dragged to another town by my relatives, and I did not have access to internet there.

Unfortunately, that solution does not work, instead, I get this error line:

Fatal error: Can't use function return value in write context in /home/certis/domains/certislp.co.cc/public_html/wp-content/themes/atahualpa169/footer.php on line 24

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.