draggables saving state cookie behaviour

Minklet

Please have a look at http://subverb.net

I have edited a inettuts script that mimics the igoogle interface and allows you to save the state to a cookie. ON my localhost it worked fine and indeed it works to a point on my new host...however it loads the original or default layout and colours before reverting to the cookie values. Like there is a lag between it loading the page and the cookie.

Can anyone tell me why this is? It's really bizarre as I was under the impression that it checked the cookie values before it did anything, so should get as far as the default layout anyway.

By the looks of it you're not ordering them server-side, instead you have a set order then a script is called client-side which checks the cookies and then re-orders them. Or am I wrong there?

My suggestion would be that when the page is loaded, you check for the ordering there and order them. That way when the output is displayed to the user, they are already in their correct position. Instead of waiting for the JavaScript to position them.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.