Code generator for maintenance pages

victw

Hi all,

I've been working with PHP for the past month to develop a simple web-site.  It has two pages that are served dynamically - the events page and the members page.  These are public pages.  It has 3 other static pages.

I've created the database tables in MYSql.  The events page has one table.  And the teachers page has a few more - particularly - one primary table for member basics,  another for member address.  These are one to one with the primary driver being the member basic table since it will also include an active/inactive flag.  The 2 files that get used are member credentials, and member specialties.  These have one to many relationship with basics table.

So far I've been using PHPadmin to create dummy data.  But my next step is to create an admin page for the events - where the admin can maintain any event.  Then I need to create an admin page for the users.  (Further down the line each user will be able to maintain their own events and information.)

I was actually hoping to find a code generator to help with these.  I know it would be a great learning experience to do them on my own.  But I would also like to move a little faster than glacial speed.  I'm an RPG programmer by day.  So I have programming experience - just new to the web.

I've looked at MySQl Table Editor from phpguru.  But it used Pear - which I'm not using.  And it's not clear to me whether/how it will handle the one to many relationships.  I also looked at PhpMyEdit - but it looks like overkill and some of the documentation I've seen recommends that the first column in every table be unique(auto incremented) and I haven't done that with the children tables that have a one to many relationship.  And I'm not quite sure why I would do that.

Can anyone recommend a tool???

And/or a really good tutorial that includes multiple file being updated at the same time?

I'd rather not reinvent the wheel.  I apologize for the long first post.  I've tried to google - but I actually kind of overwhelmed by the amount of material I find on PHP.

Thanks.

Vic

I used PHPAdmin to load my test data - but the maintenance user will need something with editing.  So I need a table - with some paging - options to add and update.  I'm not going to allow them to delete - records will have an active/inactive flag.  So I will want them to be able to change the flag. 

So I think maybe this is about using the right words - this is an administrator in the sense of someone in the organization that is allowed to edit all events.  VS Users that will only be able to edit the events they added.

I think I will start with the add page - it will be common for everyone. 

It's the table of multiple rows with paging where I would really love a solid example/tutorial.

Thanks.

Vic

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.