How can i set a default variable if one has not been set in the url?

Jarid

I am using this php code <?php echo $_GET['CiFrame']; ?> to check the url for the variable CiFrame, this allows me to link to a page through my page containing the iframe.

Here is my iframe code.

<iframe name="CiFrame" width="727" height="805" src="<?php echo $_GET['CiFrame']; ?>" scrolling="auto" frameborder="0"></iframe>

The problem is that if the url does not contain a variable the iframe will not open a page. How can i set a default variable if one is not provided?

Thank You

I don't understand how to apply the code you provided. I set $Openme as the var. I still don't understand how to check the url for CiFrame or use a default value if CiFrame is not specified in the url. Here is what i tried next, however it did not work. Any ideas?

<?php

if (isset ($_GET['CiFrame']))

$Openme = 'CiFrame';

else

$Openme = '/NonMembersFeatured.php';

?>

Iframe Code

<iframe name="CiFrame" width="727" height="805" src="<?php $Openme ?>" scrolling="auto" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Thank You

I don't understand how to apply the code you provided. I set $Openme as the var. I still don't understand how to check the url for CiFrame or use a default value if CiFrame is not specified in the url. Here is what i tried next, however it did not work. Any ideas?

<?php

$Openme = 'CiFrame';

else

?>

Iframe Code

<iframe name="CiFrame" width="727" height="805" src="<?php $Openme ?>" scrolling="auto" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Thank You

that should be:

<?php
  $Openme = $_GET['CiFrame'];
else
?>

I put

<?php
else
?>

In the body right above my iframe code

I uploaded the page to my server and opened it in my browser. The iframe did not open /NonMembersFeatured.php and when i right clicked and went to source code my iframe showed src="". Why is this not working?

I put

<?php
else
?>

In the body right above my iframe code

I uploaded the page to my server and opened it in my browser. The iframe did not open /NonMembersFeatured.php and when i right clicked and went to source code my iframe showed src="". Why is this not working?

Try:

<iframe name="CiFrame" width="727" height="805" src="<?php echo isset ($_GET['CiFrame'])?$_GET['CiFrame']:'/NonMembersFeatured.php' ?>" scrolling="auto" frameborder="0"></iframe>

do tell if that worked

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.