Suggestions to help my googl'n...PHP cache

xtian

I could really use some advise and ideas on PHP caching. Specifically I'm working on a CMS application and after its completed I realized there is an opportunity to increase performance if some of the pages are cached. And the terms I'm using for search are taking too long to sift through  :o

I thonk what I'm looking for could be like a CGI script, but I don't have any experience with that right now. Another idea is to wrap my 'public php' page with a check for an existing cached file, else run the query. And add, somewhere in my existing 'admin php' page, a write to file scriptie to create the cache file.

Or something else entirely. I don't know yet. I'd like to read some explanations of projects and scripts that either create a 'push CMS' application, or maybe a 'pull CMS' where the parameters for the cache are not time-based (expiration) but file based (file exist?). Or something else...

Kudos and huzz-zaa's for the dude who can put words to my dribble. :shrug:

What about specifically limiting the php to the admin side of the site. Currently the html is written when the php page is requested by either public or admin users. What type of mechanism or code functions might be employed to write the html page/cache file for the public user when updated? Thus the admin page will both 1) write its own page when requested (as normal php page script) while managing a page's MySQL data, and 2) write the html page presenting that data, or, more specifically, call the existing public php page to be written as the new cache/html page?

Or is this strategy completely missing some key concept? Gotcha?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.