retrieve user email after email sent

jackmn1

Hi,

I have setup a standard contact form that sends an email using php "mail" function in my new website.

Today, I received an email from a potential client through my website. However, unfortunately, I did not receive the user's email address because (as I discovered after wards), there was a syntax problem in the function, so all I received is their name and message.

I am certain that the user has entered their email address because the form has validation, it just didn't send me the address so I have no way to contact that client...

Is there a way to retrieve the lost email address from the server somehow?

Thanks in advance

If the form used GET instead of POST to send the form (quite unlikely) you'll probably be able to get the email address from apache's access log (assuming your server is apache)

If the script saves the info to a database (quite unlikely) you could get it from there.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.