Help with mailer

yetonalpa

Hello,

I have little knowledge of php so i guess what i ask is stupid. I have a contact form that posts messages in the siteadmin area its all php. What i wanted to knwo if theres a way to get PHPMAILER to send mails to an address like info@bla.com cause right now i think it sends just to database and then gets posted in the siteadmin area. If anyone could help me out with this it would be great. Thankyou all you php gurus out there =) !!

Ive atttached the file i think is the one i have to modify with a header or whoknows. Anyhow thanks a lot.

[attachment deleted by admin]

No, phpmailer is a generic mailing script class that handles the details of sending mail for you.  It can send mail to any address just as mail() can.  However, mailing ultimately depends on your mail server and dns being configured properly, otherwise you risk having a lot of your outbound mail rejected as spam.  At any rate, in the other thread you made, I replied to you and cut out a function from the controller script that was using phpmailer functions to send mail.  What you would need to do is understand those functions (although they are very simple) and just make sure that the

$foo->to = 'info@bla.com' or whatever the email address is that you want those contacts sent to.

Please don't make anymore threads about this problem.  You have already made 2 and that's one too many.  Making a lot of threads about the same problem won't get you more responses, and quite often people will ignore you entirely.

Hope this helps point you in the right direction -- if you have specific questions feel free to follow up. 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.