Major Problem Trying to Get Proxies From List

soma56

I have a script that I've given the user some additional options to either get a random proxy from a URL or list that they have supplied. While getting from the URL is no problem. I banging my head against the wall trying to figure out why the program won't get a random proxy from the list. After submitting their query their proxy list gets written to a temporary file. Everything writes fine and the URL where they are written is the exact format that I need.

This works:

//Where the user submits a URL

<?PHP 
$proxypage = file('theirproxyurl.php');
?>

Although the page exists in the exact same format as the above link when I write their proxies to a file within the server - it does not work. For example:

//Where the user submits a list of proxies - they get written to a file

<?PHP 
$proxypage = file('proxieswrittentofile.php');
?>

Even if I paste the LINK (Note: the page exists with the exact same format) directly in the program where the users proxies were written to it still doesn't work. 

<?PHP 
//This doesn't work: 

$proxypage = file('pasted-working-link-in-exact-same-format.php');
?> 

<?PHP 

//I tried the full URL - it doesn't work either

$proxypage = file('http://SUBDOMAIN.fullURLtowrittenproxypage.php');
?>

The only thing that's different is that the file where the proxies are being written is on a sub-domains. Aside from that the pages are absolutely identical down to the <br /> tags. Would sub-domains be an issue for the file function?

:wtf:

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.