How to modify already echoed variable?

Anti-Moronic

Ok, here's what I'm trying to do. In Zend, you can modify a template title for a page within the actual template file even though the title has already been set.

So, say I have this in a common header file:

<?php echo $title; ?>

..but I then want to maybe change that within my main template page, say my 'about' page. How would I go about that?

Currently I do this:

include($commonheader);

include($content);

include($footer);

It's in the content where I want to be able to change the title in the header, should I need to. You can do this with Zend but it's beyond me how they do it.

Should note, the above is for simplicity sake. I am doing this using OOP methods.

Any help appreciated. Maybe ob_flush?

Well I'm certainly not referring to the company :-)

Yes, I'm using MVC. But I'm new to OOP and I'm having trouble on this point.

If I include the different template partials, then they are outputted immediately and I cannot modify any output variables in one of the partials which come after.

Like now, I can't modify the title in my content partial which is outputted in my header partial because it's been 'included' and so already output.

How should I go about this?

Thanks for the reply.

In most of my setups, I have this in my layout.phtml:

<title><?php echo $this->title; ?></title>

And then, this in each of my view scripts:

<?php $this->title = 'Test Page Name'; ?>

Alternatively, I could set $this->view->title in my controllers and it'd still get outputted in my layout.phtml script. I'm almost sure partial view scripts would act the same, but I've never tried it.

I see, thanks!

Now do you have any idea how I do this without Zend Framework?

To clarify my problem:

I have 2 files like this:

header>>

<?php echo $title; ?>

content>>

<?php $title = 'something else'; ?>

..and then the template:

include(header)

include(content)

====

That is very simplified and not at all like what I actually have. But it demonstrates my confusion. How do I put together a template whereby I can edit variables in the header, from within the content before output?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.