Click a button to open 'custom' URLS

coogie

Hello, I have to do repetative search tasks over 3 websites. To make mylife easier (and for the fun of programming this), i'm trying to create the below:

[text input box]

[x] link1  (checkbox)

[x] link2  (checkbox)

[x] link3  (checkbox)

[submit button]

I would like each checkbox to represent a custom URL, which (when checked) will then enter the search 'term' from the input textbox and open the generated URL in a new window. For example

my 3 URLS will look like the below. I need to replace the search term ('my search term' in this example) and add the "+" symbol for each word.

h.ttp://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&tbs=nws:1,sbd:1&q=my+search+term&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

h.ttp://search.ft.com/search?ftsearchType=type_news&sortBy=gadatetimearticle&queryText=my+search+term

h.ttp://www.reuters.com/search?blob=my+search+term

Would anyone have some code snippets in order to get me started? I'm new to PHP and custom forms, but can 'read' code rather well as I have previous coding experiences.

Any help at all would be hugely appreciated!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.