Replace text in string with php code.

YourNameHere

Hi,

I am trying to take a string from a database and replace everything within {} with code... similar to how posting in a forum works.

so say I have "...Lorem ipsom {gallery:1} sit imet..."

it will take that string (from a DB) and replace "{gallery:1}" with "<?php gallery('1'); ?>". How can this be done? Or is there keywords I can search on to find the answer? Thank you in advance.

Everything in the exec' function (echo or otherwise) gets placed above the entire string when echoed. is there a workaround for this? the gallery() function requires in a template.php that prints the javascript image gallery to the page and a button that opens the gallery. but the button is above the string on the page. Is this an expected side effect of the require?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.