Global Var and Functions

xcandiottix

I have some variables that I have set with the global command but they don't seem to be working correctly. It's probably my order of operation but not sure. Here's the stripped down version of whats going on:

locator()

//functions
function geoip()
global $zip, $city, $areacode, $metrocode, $state, $country, $latitude, $longitude;

function locator()
geoip()
use globals from geoip pass to-
ad_display()

function ad_display()
does some work
stat_tracking()

function stat_tracking()
access global $zip, $city, $areacode, $metrocode, $state, $country, $latitude, $longitude;

The problem is once I call stat_tracking() and try to access the global variables, they are all empty. Just to clarify the chain of events is: page loads, calls locator(), locator() calls function geoip() fine then passes work to ad_display(), ad_display() calls stat_tracking(), stat_tracking() now tries to access the globals I made but all variables are blank if I echo them.

Any ideas?

Got it.

after creating

global $zip, $city, $areacode, $metrocode, $state, $country, $latitude, $longitude;

I needed to call back to these using the format:

$city = $GLOBALS['city'];
$zip = $GLOBALS['zip'];
$areacode = $GLOBALS['areacode'];
$metrocode = $GLOBALS['metrocode'];
$state = $GLOBALS['state'];
$country = $GLOBALS['country'];
$latitude = $GLOBALS['latitude'];
$longitude = $GLOBALS['longitude'];

instead of just using $city, $zip, etc.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.