PHP Date Conversion

websteve

Thanks for the reply, but what if I want to display the converted data to the screen? I'm trying this code (below) that searches all rows between 2 dates, using STR_TO_DATE().  Doesn't seem to work correctly, but besides getting this to work right, the end result I want is to echo the converted date to the display.  Sorry for sounding confused, I used to work in PHP a few years ago and am just starting to get back into it.

This is the code I have now. I know it is not correct.

$datefilter = '%m/%d/%y/';

$Res_pur = "SELECT * FROM Purchasing WHERE Date BETWEEN STR_TO_DATE('$beg_date', '$datefilter') AND STR_TO_DATE('$end_date', '$datefilter')";

$Results_pur = mysql_query($Res_pur)or die('Could Not Access Purchasing Table: ' . mysql_error());

while ($Results_pur_Arr = mysql_fetch_array($Results_pur)) {

echo '<tr><td>'. $Results_pur_Arr['ID'] . '</td><td>'. $Results_pur_Arr['Date'].'</td><td>'. $Results_Arr['Item'].'</td><td>'.$Results_Arr['Description'].'</td></tr>';

}

but what if I want to display the converted data to the screen?

Instead of using the wildcard * (which is never a good idea), specify the fields you want and use the DATE_FORMAT() function around your Date field.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.