I'm tired and missing somethings or my sever is messed up?

Rifts

Hey everyone this is really really simple.

say my site is www.mywebsite.com

in my index page I have this

define('PHPSITE_DIR', 'mywebsite');

require_once(PHPSITE_DIR . '/test/hello.php');

I have a folder named test and inside the folder i have hello.php

but when i go to www.mywebsite.com

i get

Warning: require_once(mywebsite/test/hello.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in

wtf?

i'm using godaddy server if that matters

require/include expects a correct file system path. You can either use an absolute file system path, a relative path (relative to the main page that was requested), or you can make use of the include_path and let php search for the file.

An absolute file system path would typically use $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] to get the absolute path of your document_root folder, then append the path and file name of the file you want to require/include.

A relative path starts with either a leading .. or ., such as ../some_folder/some_file.php

Using the include_path, you just list the bare file name, such as require('some_file.php') and php will search in the include_path to find the file. The include_path setting typically has a dot . as the first entry so that the current folder will be searched first.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.