Not accepting POST value

Minklet

I posted this in the Regex forum, but the regex I have works fine, so this seems to be more of a php problem

Similarly, this regex to allow an embed code for youtube also will not work when it comes from a form field.

This doesnt work:

$embed = $_POST['mixembedlink'];

if (preg_match('/<object width=\"([0-9]*)\" height=\"([0-9]*)\"><param name=\"movie\" value=\"(.*)\"><\/param><param name=\"allowFullScreen\" value=\".*\"><\/param><param name=\"allowscriptaccess\" value=\".*\"><\/param><embed src=\".*\" type=\".*\" allowscriptaccess=\".*\" allowfullscreen=\".*\" width=\"[0-9]*\" height=\"[0-9]*\"><\/embed><\/object>/',$embed,$preg_out)) {;
$width = $preg_out[1];
$height = $preg_out[2];
$url = $preg_out[3];

echo 'WORKING';

} else {
echo 'NOT WORKING!';
}

This however does work:

$embed = '<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1mt3vZHDiM8?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1mt3vZHDiM8?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>';

if (preg_match('/<object width=\"([0-9]*)\" height=\"([0-9]*)\"><param name=\"movie\" value=\"(.*)\"><\/param><param name=\"allowFullScreen\" value=\".*\"><\/param><param name=\"allowscriptaccess\" value=\".*\"><\/param><embed src=\".*\" type=\".*\" allowscriptaccess=\".*\" allowfullscreen=\".*\" width=\"[0-9]*\" height=\"[0-9]*\"><\/embed><\/object>/',$embed,$preg_out)) {;
$width = $preg_out[1];
$height = $preg_out[2];
$url = $preg_out[3];

echo 'WORKING';

} else {
echo 'NOT WORKING!';
}

Can anyone shed some light on why this is? The form names are exactly right. I think i've checked and renamed them about 10 times each.

I checked with firebug and compared the POST value to the string in the one that works and they are exactly the same. I can't figure out what the problem is at all

Did you try using the modifier m so it accepts multiple lines.

/<object width=\"([0-9]*)\" height=\"([0-9]*)\"><param name=\"movie\" value=\"(.*)\"><\/param><param name=\"allowFullScreen\" value=\".*\"><\/param><param name=\"allowscriptaccess\" value=\".*\"><\/param><embed src=\".*\" type=\".*\" allowscriptaccess=\".*\" allowfullscreen=\".*\" width=\"[0-9]*\" height=\"[0-9]*\"><\/embed><\/object>/m

Also try the s modifier.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.