Image upload script help needed

joshgarrod

Hi all! I have a problem with an image uploading script and at the moment it keeps the image name the same, obviously people don't have very adventurous names for their images "image1" and they are over writing each other. How do I put a random 5 digit number on the end to make them all unique? Thanks.

$image1 = mysql_real_escape_string("$idir" . $_FILES['fupload2']['name']);
$image2 = mysql_real_escape_string("$idir" . $_FILES['fupload3']['name']);
$image3 = mysql_real_escape_string("$idir" . $_FILES['fupload4']['name']);
$logo = mysql_real_escape_string("$idir" . $_FILES['fupload']['name']);
$idir = "uploads/";   // Path To Images Directory

if (isset ($_FILES['fupload'])){

//upload the image to tmp directory
$url = $_FILES['fupload']['name'];   // Set $url To Equal The Filename For Later Use 
	if ($_FILES['fupload']['type'] == "image/jpg" || $_FILES['fupload']['type'] == "image/jpeg" || $_FILES['fupload']['type'] == "image/pjpeg") { 
		$file_ext = strrchr($_FILES['fupload']['name'], '.');   // Get The File Extention In The Format Of , For Instance, .jpg, .gif or .php 
		$copy = copy($_FILES['fupload']['tmp_name'], "$idir" . $_FILES['fupload']['name']);   // Move Image From Temporary Location To Permanent Location 
			}
			}
if (isset ($_FILES['fupload2'])){

$url = $_FILES['fupload2']['name'];   // Set $url To Equal The Filename For Later Use 
	if ($_FILES['fupload2']['type'] == "image/jpg" || $_FILES['fupload2']['type'] == "image/jpeg" || $_FILES['fupload2']['type'] == "image/pjpeg") { 
		$file_ext = strrchr($_FILES['fupload2']['name'], '.');   // Get The File Extention In The Format Of , For Instance, .jpg, .gif or .php 
		$copy = copy($_FILES['fupload2']['tmp_name'], "$idir" . $_FILES['fupload2']['name']);   // Move Image From Temporary Location To Permanent Location 
			}
			}
if (isset ($_FILES['fupload3'])){

$url = $_FILES['fupload3']['name'];   // Set $url To Equal The Filename For Later Use 
	if ($_FILES['fupload3']['type'] == "image/jpg" || $_FILES['fupload3']['type'] == "image/jpeg" || $_FILES['fupload3']['type'] == "image/pjpeg") { 
		$file_ext = strrchr($_FILES['fupload3']['name'], '.');   // Get The File Extention In The Format Of , For Instance, .jpg, .gif or .php 
		$copy = copy($_FILES['fupload3']['tmp_name'], "$idir" . $_FILES['fupload3']['name']);   // Move Image From Temporary Location To Permanent Location 
			}
			}
if (isset ($_FILES['fupload4'])){

$url = $_FILES['fupload4']['name'];   // Set $url To Equal The Filename For Later Use 
	if ($_FILES['fupload4']['type'] == "image/jpg" || $_FILES['fupload4']['type'] == "image/jpeg" || $_FILES['fupload4']['type'] == "image/pjpeg") { 
		$file_ext = strrchr($_FILES['fupload4']['name'], '.');   // Get The File Extention In The Format Of , For Instance, .jpg, .gif or .php 
		$copy = copy($_FILES['fupload4']['tmp_name'], "$idir" . $_FILES['fupload4']['name']);   // Move Image From Temporary Location To Permanent Location 
			}
			}

Hi, thanks for taking the time to help me out. It works when saving the image in the folder, but when I am inserting the data into my table I used 'name' and it is inserting the images original name if that makes sense?

[code=php:0]$logo = mysql_real_escape_string("$idir" . $_FILES['fupload']['name']);

[/code]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.