cURL?

arbitter

Hi there,

I wanted to create files from my phpscript. So I used the most obvious function, fopen(). It didn't work on my server and contacted the administrator, who said fopen() was disabled for security reasons, and that I should use cURL. So I did what everyone would do; I googled it. Found the php.net curl manual, but can't really comprehend what it sais. So I have a few questions:

1) Can you create .php files with cURL?

2) How?

3) How do I then write php-content in the file?

Please try to explain rather detailed and simplified, I've never been good at quickly understanding all these things.

Thanks a lot!

No, cURL can't "create" files, it commonly used to read contents from other sites and post requests

I would suggest using file_put_contents however it depends what your attempting to write,

here is an example from PHP.net

<?php
$file = 'people.txt';
// Open the file to get existing content
$current = file_get_contents($file);
// Append a new person to the file
$current .= "John Smith\n";
// Write the contents back to the file
file_put_contents($file, $current);
?>

Well what I want to do is actually be able to generate a whole webpage by the click of a button...

It would get a random name, eg AsUjeZee.php, and it also creates a database with the same random name(this part I have already). The random php file should then be able to connect to the same-named database and show all the queries.

On the other hand, I could make it with one single phpfile and a $_GET containing the random name, but I don't really like to work with $_GET[] since it seems rather unsafe...

I'm really bad in all the safety-stuff...

But I'll try to maeke it all with $_GET[]

another problem then though is that I can't make an alibi for the url using dot.tk . Eg if I wish to name it whatever.tk, it would not be possible would it?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.