jeff5656

This is weird.  I thought session_destroy erased your session id:

echo "session is ".session_id();
session_destroy();
echo "<br>session now is ".session_id();

When I run it i get:

session is mkqb0m49ktbtt1g34r6e67g012
session now is

But when I reload the page I get the same thing!

session is mkqb0m49ktbtt1g34r6e67g012
session now is

If session_id was destroyed (it echoed blank to prove this) why does it get repopultaed with the same session id when I reload the browser?

Chances are your session is using cookies, you need to unset the session cookie. See the example 1 from the session_destroy man page.

$params = session_get_cookie_params();
    setcookie(session_name(), '', time() - 42000,
        $params["path"], $params["domain"],
        $params["secure"], $params["httponly"]
    );

You call that and then the session_destroy function and this should wipe the slate clean. It may take a page reload for it to be completely removed as an FYI.

I would just use cookies.

Dude you should just stop now, you obviously have no clue how sessions work. So until you can take the time to understand them, stop acting like you know, which you obviously are ill-informed on how sessions work.

in the code of those that have never tried / lack the inteligence to do it themselves.

^.^

maybe i should realise a much more robust library that can actually be used for on the fly authentication (when the user returns) rather then, "they have the session must be them" hmm

maybe i should realise a much more robust library that can actually be used for on the fly authentication (when the user returns) rather then, "they have the session must be them" hmm

Can you write that in English? Thanks!

sorry that was a proof reading fail. and a "too many thoughts" fail

maybe i should POST a much more robust library (When compaired to the out-of-the box session functions) that can actually be used as a system for on the fly authentication (when the user returns) as oppossed to; "they have the session must be them" hmm

excuse the spellings

<--dyslexic, but still more intelligent then you :P

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.