SESSION on localhost VS webserver

gevensen

I seem to be seeing a problem I havent noticed before

when I use header for a redirect the session data passes to the new page

when I use href it seems as though even when I do a session_start() on the new page

the session data doesnt pass

Is this normal or is there a setup issue on my server (bluehost)

everything works fine on wamp but when i upload to implement it no good

I am using this to generate PDF reports using fpdf, I want it to open a new page instead of just redirecting

Is it that it is unable to pass the data to a new page on a server??

Any chance you are switching back and forth between URL's that have and don't have the www. on them and/or the URL's have different paths to the files in question?

The session.cookie_domain and session.cookie_path settings affect if the session id cookie matches only the subdomain/hostname (www. or no www.) and path where it was set or matches all variations of the subdomain/hostname and path on your site.

What does a phpinfo(); statement show for the session.cookie_domain and session.cookie_path settings?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.