problem arise in checking account balances

heshan

HI,

I have 4 account type tables

savings_investment(ID,account_type,full_name,balance,interest,customer_id)

shakthi(ID,account_type,full_name,balance,interest,customer_id)

surathal(ID,account_type,full_name,balance,interest,customer_id)

abhimani_plus(ID,account_type,full_name,balance,interest,customer_id)

ID is the primary key for every table.The ID is different from one table to another. That is why i created 4 tables rather than one table.

I want to write the coding to check account balances. That is if user types the Account ID(ID) and clicks on search button the relevant details regarding that account should be shown in a table. That is account_type,full_name, balance, interest and customer_id.

Can anyone give me the relevant coding...

Thanks,

Heshan

You might have good reasons for this structure that I'm not aware of, but it would seem more correct at a glance to have all of those tables in 1 with an account_type field of the MySQL "set" data type. I guess I'm not understanding the part about the ID keys being different.

They are different types of accounts. Therefore if i include them in a same table it would not see the differentiation....

:confused:  yes, you can ... the only thing that you need to do is add a field that represent the difference... easy and more simple.... but.. If you want to do in your way and pay the price is ok.

you can solve your search creating a VIEW with the UNION of all the tables (horrible... but works)...

just google for examples

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.