suggestions to create a captive portal from scratch

landysaccount

Hello.

Sorry if this is not the correct place to post this but, I'm looking to create this with php but, need some help.

I would like to add a captive portal to my network. I've read about some that are out there but, they are not customisable to really accomplish what I need. I'm here to see if I can get some ideas from you guys.

This is what I'm trying to accomplish. Simply show a splash page every certain time, let's say every four hours, the client would just press a button or a link and just redirect to the page the user intended to visit and just keep track of whos online using the Internet.

I've used NoCat and it works well but, is written in Perl. I have some php scripts that I would like to use with it but, haven't find a way to do it.

I noticed Nocat listens on a certain port writes an iptable rule marking packets with mangle table from the client's ip address, after a certain time it deletes the rule for that address forcing the ip to "re-authenticate" again showing the splash page.

Any suggestions on how can this be done?

Thanks in advanced for your help.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.