Unexpected Session Variable Update

SixPath

im trying to make a breadcrumbs feature on my site. this feature is driven using the session variables. My problem here is that.. i just wondering what make the session variables display its own value (not expected value).. this variable name got no similar across the whole site.

i just wanna hear what are the possible causes why this happen...

thanks

Can you give an example of it's "own value"? Sessions don't really sound like the right solution for breadcrumbs, they're really just suited to data that will last for the session (as the name kind of implies), or data that needs to be carried between a number of pages. Breadcrumbs generally should be generated for that specific page only.

What I imagine is happening is that the breadcrumbs are being set on one page (maybe incorrectly set), that is carrying on to the next page and not being overwritten (or incorrectly set again). Though with no code examples or further information on how they're implemented, can't really help you.

<ul>
              <li><a href="<?php echo SITE_URL?>">Home</a> &#187;</li>
              <li>
                                       <a href="<?php echo SITE_URL?>/<?php echo $_SESSION[crumbs][src]?>.html">
                                       <?php echo str_replace("-"," ",$_SESSION[crumbs][src]); ?></a>
                                       &#187;
              </li>
              <li><a href="<?php echo SITE_URL?>/products/<?php echo $_GET[prod_id]?>"><?php echo $_GET[prod_id]?></a></li>
</ul> 

Okay so this file is included wherever you want the breadcrumbs presumably? Looking at the code there's nothing I can see that would change the value, it must be happening within the file that includes it. Can you post the code of a page where this file is included, and the values are not correct?

thanks mr adam..

but first of all i would try to check all the session conditions and setting of variables on the breadcrumbs page... there are couple of classes being embedded there..

i will get back here soon as long as i checked the page.

and once again thank you..

hi mr adam.. i just found out that on the lower portion of the page... my co-worker added a session variables that sets everything session variables into blank each time it detects that the user didnot login. so that was the reason..

and also i found out how to make "breadcrumbs feature" using $_SERVER[HTTP_REFERER] and its was good.

thanks

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.