need help formatting php mysql output

BobH

I have a mysql database that has your typical data in it, ie. name address, etc.  The problem I am having is with the address.  The address is setup as a varchar with 200 as the length and the data is street, city, st, zip on 1 line.  I need to format the output with street on 1 line and city, st, zip on another.  I cannot change input format because of the way the program uses the address string to fetch the lat and lng before it writes it to the database.  Is there a way to add a line break or <br> to the address before it is written or change it after it is written using sql or php script or possible as I format the output?  The street, city, st, zip are separated by commas in the record.

Thanks in advance for all the reply's  :D

Thanks for the quick reply and example.  I did some research on the explode() and I believe I can use it to either format the output or better yet create a new string before it is written to the database and get the desire out come.  As you can see I am still learning.  ;)

Thanks  :D

Thanks for the quick reply and example.  I did some research on the explode() and I believe I can use it to either format the output or better yet create a new string before it is written to the database and get the desire out come.  As you can see I am still learning.  ;)

Did you even try the sample code I provided? It used explode() as well as list() to populate the individual values into discrete variables. You can then output in any manner you wish such as the example I provided.

Did you even try the sample code I provided? It used explode() as well as list() to populate the individual values into discrete variables. You can then output in any manner you wish such as the example I provided.

Yes I will use it but am at work now.  A big thanks.  I meant after your mentioned explode(), I did a little research as to how it worked.  Looks like your example will work just fine..tks

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.