HELP! Time sensitive

tomstirling1979

I have taken over a wordpress site that a web developer set up and he is no longer working with me so I cant get his help with it, I have a custom front page that has been pulling press releases that where posted previously and categorized as "press" I was asked to add a blog which I did by categorizing the post as "blog"

In a nutshell, I now need the front page code to pull a mixture of both the "press" and "blog" each category has a numerical id so blog is 7 and press is 3

This is the current code that is in the page

<?php query_posts('category_name=press&showposts=10&offset=0'); ?>

I looked up wordpress support for this, and found this

query_posts(array('category__in' => array(2,6)));

How can I integrate this if possible with the top line so it pulls the newest posts from both categories? Any suggestions could REALLY help me out!

Thanks!

Do I need to give more information, I am a total newbie to php this "complex" - The only thing I use it for on a regular basis is include/require files and thats straight forward, I feel I just dont have the synthax down here for this to work the way I need it to.

And again, any help at all would be really appreciated. Sorry for being impatient, but as I said its a time sensitive issue and help sooner than later can make all the difference. i normally wouldn't try and bump my post up.......

Ok, this ALMOST did exactly what I wanted it to do....

<?php query_posts(array('category__and&showposts=10&offset=0' => array(3,7))); ?>

The feed did show a mix of the 2 categories, BUT! - it didn't show any more than the most recent and the next one, thr part where I have it saying showposts=10 didnt seem to register. Any ideas?

:'(

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.