Need help !!! Read and write image file in php

prema

Hi,

I want to read image file and write in to word document file using php. Actually i am developing shopping cart site. for that i have created barcode image. i need to take print outs. for example if i click print means same barcode should be generate 64 times in word document. how i do it?

i have tried with COM. please check the following code

<?php

// starting word

$word = new COM("word.application") or die("Unable to instantiate Word");

echo "Loaded Word, version {$word->Version}\n";

//bring it to front

$word->Visible = 1;

//open an empty document

$word->Documents->Add();

//do some weird stuff

for($i=1;$i<=64;$i++)

{

$word->Selection->InlineShapes->AddPicture("D:\Program Files\wamp\www\b.jpg ",false, True);

}

$word->Documents[1]->SaveAs("D:\Program Files\wamp\www\Uselesstest.doc");

//closing word

$word->Quit();

//free the object

$word = null;

?>

It works fine in local. but it is not working in server  (it says COM.class is missing). i have checked some forums they said it works with MS based operation system.  i have checked with windows only.

Please kindly any one help me asap the way for read and write image file in word document.

can we do this any other way?

we are reading and writing txt files using php

the same can we do with image file (read and write in word document) ??

Thanks

Prema

yes i want to insert the picture in word document.  i have attached one document. please check it. same like i want  using php. don't want PHP com code for this.  because it won't be work with linux platform. it works only MS based operating system.

I have tried with Curl , also file_get_contents concept. its read whole webpage. i want to read that particular barcode image and should insert in word document.

[attachment deleted by admin]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.