Select help

0weavern

I'm using a PHP helpdesk script, but when a customer submits a ticket, they are able to assign a category. I want to be able to have the category function so I can move tickets around, but only allow customers to assign to one. (Basically I want to hide the Select Box on the new ticket page)

This is the code which displays the select box:

<td style="text-align:right" width="150"><?php echo $hesklang['category']; ?>: <font class="important">*</font></td>

<td width="80%"><select name="category">

Can you tell me what I can do to "hide" the category select box without getting rid of it? (The page requires a variable for category)

Thanks

That's what I'm asking for help on, how do you hide a field?

I didn't say to hide the field, I said to make it a hidden field. There is a difference. The select field is created within a variable and you didn't show how that variable is created. But, here is the basic format of a hidden field

<input type="hidden" name="foo" value="bar" />

Alternatively, you could keep it as a select field and hide it using CSS styles.

<span style="display:none;">-- select field goes here --</span>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.