Need help to find what keywords got me traffic on google.

drew7721

Ok, first let me tell you what I want to do.  Google sends me traffic from many keywords, but I want to track what keyword does best for me as sales and so. The Analytics is good but I can't send the data to outside sites. So I figured this out : from the $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'] I can get the "q" value from the _GET and pass it on to track it... now I'm kind of stuck and I know it's easy but can't seem to find the function.

This is what I have so far:

/*
Code to try and store the keyword that was used to find and land on my site.
*/
$exurl = 'http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CBYQFjAA&rct=j&q=mykeyword&ei=pJ2STMy8MsP-8AaqvuznBQ'; //set a demo refferer url that would usually be $exurl =  $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER']
$refurl = parse_url($exurl, PHP_URL_QUERY); // remove all before and including the "?"
echo $refurl; // echo "sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CBYQFjAA&rct=j&q=mykeyword&ei=pJ2STMy8MsP-8AaqvuznBQ"

Ok, so I managed to get the important part out of the google URL, now how do I split this into an array that I can then use.

For instance  somefunction($refurl, $newarray); and then I could say    |  echo $newarray['q'];  | and it would echo "mykeyword"

Of course If there is a space in the keywords I should use the urldecode() function to avoid the % char...

Let me know if you know of any way to get this done.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.