Array syntax question

redneonrt

Quick question,

When I run the code below I get an undefined index error for the array.  If I define all the indexes I have no problem making it work correctly.  I thought writing it like I did below would define the indexes as they are needed.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for looking,

$call_data = array();

if($call_segment['did_digits'] == '3300'){
			//Check if call was answered
			if($call_segment['answered'] == 'No'){
				$call_data['3300']['abandoned'] ++;
			}
			else{
				if(in_array($call_segment['finished_on'],$phoneroom_ext)){
					$call_data['3300']['phoneroom'] ++;
				}
				elseif(in_array($call_segment['finished_on'],$anoka_ext)){
					$call_data['3300']['store'] ++;
				}
			}
		}

Without knowing what the specific errors that you are seeing are its hard to tell what you are seeing. However, I suspect that you are seeing warnings and not errors. Those warnings will not break your code and on live servers you usually will not see these errors. However, you should always make sure that they are defined somewhere or to define them if needed.

Yeah if you look at the error it says "Severity:notice". That means that it is just a warning. In the code that you have shown you did not define that index so it is showing you the notice saying so. Good practice is to always define index's and initialize variables. So if you did something like this it should resolve those warnings

$call_data = array();//define$call_data['3300']['abandoned'] = 0;$call_data['3300']['phoneroom'] = 0;$call_data['3300']['store'] = 0;if($call_segment['did_digits'] == '3300'){     //Check if call was answered     if($call_segment['answered'] == 'No'){          $call_data['3300']['abandoned']++;     } else{          if(in_array($call_segment['finished_on'],$phoneroom_ext)){               $call_data['3300']['phoneroom']++;          } elseif(in_array($call_segment['finished_on'],$anoka_ext)){              $call_data['3300']['store']++;          }     }}

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.