How to check if an email entered is a valid Paypal email account.

theITvideos

I am working on a web form in PHP which accepts a Paypal Email address from the user.

I need to authenticate (validate or check) if the Paypal email address entered is a valid Paypal email account.

Please reply.

All comments and feedback are welcomed.

Thank you! :)

Could just use the API from PayPal developers, they probably have one. I wouldn't know.  :shrug:

Oh I wish if it was that easy just to check the '@' but nope.

Here were are talking about checking a valid Paypal email ID.

I have come to know that we can use some API calls like:

The PayPal GetVerifiedStatus API

Can anyone share a demo/sample code to see the Paypal Email Account verification using this API call or any method that you might have.

Thank you! :)

You may be able to use IPN to help you with that.

This site: https://www.paypaltech.com/sg2/ generates scripts for you which can be run (automatically) after a purchase has been made.

Thanks for the reply. This site actually generates the script for email notification once the payment has been made.

I am looking for something that will validate if the entered paypal email ID is valid paypal account.

:shrug:

>I suggest learning about the API etc etc

>he says no

>Someone else does

>he says he's trying to implement it.

>confus  :shrug:

Honey I'd love to learn the API but I am not the only person in this situation who needs to figure this and there is gotta be a solution out there.

Therefore, why to reinvent the wheel. I am quite certain that I can get some help from this forum as I always have :)

could you explain more thoroughly about why you need this?

I have a feeling it doesn't make a lot of sense ;)

It is just for the suppliers when they are listing product they are also required to enter the valid paypal ID where they'll receive the payments to, whenever a customer buys their products.

We don't want suppliers to enter an invalid or unverified Paypal email ID.

By the way, I uploaded this PHP Paypal SDK on my local server which I got from the Paypal site:

https://www.x.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadBody/2001-102-3-2653/PayPal_Platform_PHP_SDK.zip

Now I have set it up on my localhost. See the address bar on the 1st screenshot window. Which is pointing to:

http://localhost/php-sdk/samples/web/AA/calls.html

Now I chose the last link that says:

'Get Verified Status'

And This opens up the page shown in the 2nd Screenshot. and After I enter my details and hit 'Submit' I get a blank page don't know what is breaking I didn't touch the inside code and it suppose work fine.

Can you please tell me what the missing ingredient is here.

Thank you!

[attachment deleted by admin]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.