Printing Simultaneously on two network printers

watsmyname

Hello,

Greetings!

I have php application for restaurant, basically there are two types of orders Kitchen Items and Bar items. A cashier enters a order from customers from computer A (say). We have two computers in kitchen, Computer B and in Bar, Computer C.  When cashier from computer A clicks a button, depending upon the order type i need to print a chit on Computer B and/or Computer C. COmputer A, B, C are in same network.  All computers have laser printer which can print any type of content.

Well i tried to search the forum, i couldn't find anything that would be of my help. Can anyone tell me what would be the starting point for this??

Thanks

watsmyname

Php itself has very limited direct ability to print (Under Windows there is a 'print' extension, though it is currently not available.)

You would probably need to use shell_exec() to either send commands to your operating system's 'print' command or to an application that accepts command line arguments to print a supplied document.

The following example creates a .pdf document and prints it -

<?php
require('./fpdf.php'); // the fpdf library (w/font folder)

$pdf=new FPDF();
$pdf->AddPage();
$pdf->SetFont('Arial','B',16);
$pdf->Cell(40,10,'Hello World!');
$pdf->Output('c:\test.pdf');

// both of the following strings work
$cmd = '"C:/Program Files/Adobe/Reader 9.0/Reader/AcroRd32.exe" /t c:/test.pdf'; // the double-quotes around the command portion are required
$cmd = "\"C:/Program Files/Adobe/Reader 9.0/Reader/AcroRd32.exe\" /t c:/test.pdf"; // the double-quotes around the command portion are required
shell_exec($cmd);
?>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.