Auto Update

Joshua F

Hello, I am making a Status Page for servers in general. It has Uptime(In %) and Status(Online/Offline).

I have a database it loads this from, (Failed, Success, and Status)

Here's an example of how it works.

Failed = 0
Success = 1
Php code calculates the uptime, and prints 100%
Status = 1

What I am trying to do, it make the site run through Hosts and Ports at the same time, and update the databases with the updated info.

Example

It updates, and Google was offline.
Failed = 1
Success = 1
Calculates the uptime to 0%
Status = 0

Any way of doing this easily, because this will be something I might release to the public, and I want it user friendly.

P.S. This is will be using fsocketopen.

I'm asking how to make a script tha will run every 5 mins or so, or something that does that, and is user friendly, and will check to see of the server is online or not. Which it will get the host and the port from the database, and will update the database with the new info.

Sorry if that's confusing, I just typed this on my phone.

I'm asking how to make a script tha will run every 5 mins or so

Google "Cron Job" and see if that's what you mean, from the description that'll float your boat - assuming that you are on a host server and not a localhost scenario.

Rw

It's kinda self explanatory, I would just check through your control panel to see if they offer that feature, I just checked mine, and it comes under 'advanced features', (I use Direct Admin) then you just select the script you want to run, and the interval you wish to run it at, and how often.. Simple!!

Rw

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.