Undefined variable, even when there isnt?

dean7

Hi all, Ive had alot of problem with one script latly but I carnt see what it accually causing the problems.

My script is giving me an error saying:

Notice: Undefined variable: carin in /home/www/*****.com/test/test.php on line 23

And:

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/www/*****.com/test/test.php on line 23

My Code:

$carin1 = mysql_query ("SELECT carid FROM users WHERE username='$username'") or die (mysql_error());			$carin = mysql_fetch_object($carin1);// Use function to make sure there in a car..function carcheck(){if ($carin->carid == ''){ // LINE 23echo ("You must be in a car before doing any races.");}else{echo ("You are currently in: $carin->carid");}exit();}	// End function		

Where its saying ive got an undefined variable carin I accually havent as it is defined. :S

Anyone see what is wrong with that part of my script?.

Thanks for your help.

to clarify, either:-

function carcheck(){global $carin;if ($carin->carid == ''){ // LINE 23

or, pass it as a parameter into the function

function carcheck($carin){if ($carin->carid == ''){ // LINE 23

Simple!

Rw

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.